Terms & Conditions
Please read the below carefully as it is legally binding on you. Your use of this careers website means you accept these Terms & Conditions as at the date of your first use of this careers website.
Gocompare.com Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 05799376) and our registered address is Imperial House, Imperial Way, Newport, Gwent, NP10 8UH, United Kingdom. Where we refer to "group" we mean Gocompare.com Group plc, you can find the full list of Gocompare.com group companies on our website www.gocompare.com/about/about-gocompare.
Use of our careers website
Our careers website allows you to view, search and apply for advertised job vacancies.
You are only permitted to use our careers website if you are using it for personal use. Commercial use of our careers website without consent is strictly prohibited and we reserve the right to take steps - including legal action - against any person or company who uses our careers website or services for commercial use or in any other unauthorised manner.
The careers website is intended for people accessing it from within the United Kingdom. We cannot guarantee the careers website or the information it contains complies with or is appropriate for use in other countries. Use of the registered user area and our online community (if applicable) is solely permitted for users aged 16 and over. We reserve the right to terminate your membership without warning if we believe that you are under 16 years of age.
You may not operate any link to our careers website without our first obtaining our written permission. Any such permission may be revoked without notice and we reserve the right to require you to remove any link immediately and at any time.
What are your responsibilities?
When making a job application it is important that all the information we hold on you is accurate. You should therefore ensure that all information you provide to us is complete and accurate. Failure to do this may lead to your job application not being processed.
If you register an account on the careers website, you must keep your password confidential and it must not be disclosed to or shared with anyone. You are solely responsible for all use of your account on our careers website.
You must not misuse our careers website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our careers website, the server on which our careers website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to it.
What are our responsibilities?
We are responsible to you for:
- i. any claim you may have against us for a personal injury or in respect of your death if caused by our negligence; and
- ii. any statements made by our employees to you which are not true statements of fact and which are made by that employee with fraudulent intent.
Except in the case of (i) or (ii) above (where our liability to you is unlimited), our liability to you will be limited to the upper level of our insurance limit which may vary from time to time.
We are not responsible to you for:
- i. any reliance that you may place on any material or content posted on our careers website;
- ii. any losses you suffer because the information you put into our careers website is inaccurate or incomplete;
- iii. any losses you suffer because you cannot use our careers website at any time;
- iv. any errors in or omissions from our careers website;
- v. any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our careers website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it;
- vi. any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our reasonable control.
Whilst we try to ensure that the careers website is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, we shall not be liable to you if for any reason the careers website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the careers website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
Material on the website
Material provided on the careers website is provided for information purposes only. Whilst every care is taken in compiling the information on the careers website we do not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability of that information. We may make changes to the material on the careers website at any time without notice.
Certain information on the careers website may contain typographical or other errors or be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such information. We and any third parties referred to on the careers website assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through the careers website.
Third party websites
Where we provide hypertext links to other websites, we do so for information purposes only. We are not responsible for the content of any other websites or pages linking to or from our careers website. We have not verified the content of any such websites and links to other websites do not imply any endorsement of the material on those websites. If you choose to follow links to other websites you do so at your own risk.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our careers website and in the material published on it. This includes, but is not limited to, all trademarks, logos, business names, trading names, design rights, database rights, copyright and any other intellectual property rights.
You may print, download or store extracts from our website provided always that:
- i. it is used solely for your personal, non-commercial use;
- ii. you will not copy, transmit or distribute them without our prior written approval;
- iii. all copies must retain any copyright or other intellectual property notices contained within the original material;
- iv. you acknowledge that all images displayed on our careers website are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without the prior written consent of their respective owner(s);
- v. no logos, trade marks or service marks displayed on our careers website may be printed or downloaded, except as part of the text of which they form part;
- vi. you must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, logos, designs or any graphics separately from any accompanying text; and
- vii. our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our careers website must always be acknowledged.
Certain areas of the careers website (such as those where you can upload, post or share information), are only available to you if you register with us.
In order to provide you with maximum protection, we ask you to choose a password to access your data on our careers website. Your password is unique to you and helps us to protect your personal data. You must keep this password safe and must not disclose it to anyone. You will need your password to access your personal data. Please contact us if you want to change your password for any reason.
If you forget your password don't panic! Simply click on forgotten password.
As a registered user you may post or upload content (including information and data) to the careers website provided that you at all times comply with our content standards (see below), community guidelines (if applicable) and Terms & Conditions. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, copy, distribute, amend and modify your uploaded content on the careers website and for our own business purposes.
You must ensure that your uploaded content:
- i. is accurate, true and not misleading;
- ii. does not infringe any copyright, trade marks, rights of privacy/confidentiality, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person or company and you have obtained the prior consent of any relevant third party to submit such content to our careers website;
- iii. does not contain any information about any person(s) under the age of 16 unless you are either their parent or legal guardian, or have signed permission from their parent or legal guardian;
- iv. does not contain malicious code, viruses or other harmful programmes or material;
- v. does not violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, rule or regulation; and/or
- vi. meets our content standards (see below) and complies with any specific rules that may apply to any particular area of the registered users’ area.
You agree that before posting or uploading your content you are responsible for obtaining all releases, consents and/or licenses necessary for uploading your content on our careers website and for any subsequent use of that content by us in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
You agree whenever you submit your content to our careers website or contact other registered users you must comply with our content standards and community guidelines. If you do not comply with the content standards, we reserve the right to immediately suspend or terminate your user registration account without notice and/or reject, block, suspend or remove your content. Any content is published at our discretion and we in no way guarantee that your content or any part of it will be displayed on the careers website.
You agree your content must not:
- contain any material which constitutes or encourages conduct that could be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law;
- contain any material which is defamatory;
- contain any material which is obscene or offensive;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party such as a contractual duty or obligation of confidentiality;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be likely to disrupt our service in any way;
- give the impression it emanates from us where this is not the case; and/or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act, for example copyright, trade mark infringement, or computer misuse.
You agree to indemnify us in full from and against all third party claims, liabilities, losses and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) incurred or suffered by such persons arising out of or related to your content and/or any breach by you of any term in these Terms & Conditions.
Agency Terms & Conditions
IF YOU ARE USING OUR CAREERS WEBSITE IN YOUR CAPACITY AS A RECRUITMENT AGENT THEN PLEASE READ THE BELOW CAREFULLY. We have a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such, we do not accept CVs from agencies. We do occasionally work with one of our preferred agencies who we may ask to support us in sourcing candidates for particular role. However, in line with our PSL, we may only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place with an agent, and where an agency has been directly instructed by a member of the recruitment team to assist with that particular vacancy. We do not pay agency fees where speculative or unsolicited CVs are submitted to us through our careers website or otherwise. In the event we receive a speculative or unsolicited CV from an agency, we reserve the right to contact the candidate directly and initiate discussions with that candidate without any obligation to the agent. By submitting a CV or proposal to us, you accept and agree to these agency terms and conditions.
These Terms & Conditions apply to your use of our careers website.
We reserve the right to change these Terms & Conditions from time to time and without notice. You should therefore check these Terms & Conditions each time you visit our careers website.
If any part of these Terms & Conditions is subsequently considered to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable then that provision should be treated as having been deleted without affecting the validity of the remaining terms.
These Terms & Conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of their Courts.