Would you like to work within a DataIQ award winning Data Science team that combines innovate state of the start automation with sophisticated algorithms to identify significant savings for our customers? Are you driven by the ability to take ownership of data projects that will create a more personalised, data-driven experience that will transform the tech comparison world for insurance, financial services and utilities?
Data is the backbone to GoCo Group's success and at the heart of everything we do! It enables us to understand our customers and actively offer savings rather than waiting for them to come and see us. You will be instrumental in utilising leading data science techniques to find correlations and patterns in the data which can help us make decisions about sales, marketing and our performance.
You will work within a high performing and award winning data team inclusive of data engineering, data intelligence, data science and web analytics, that recognises artificial intelligence and machine learning as the future for the Fintech market.
You will have the opportunity to build ground-up in-house data services using the GoCo Group data platform, algorithms and an event based architecture to drive automated communications that will evolve independently overtime. GoCo has a sophisticated Azure Cloud-based group data platform that incoporates a data factory to orchestrate data distribution, a data lake, and a data transformation, streaming, processing and machine learning platform.
You will work with latest technologies in Python, Spark, machine learning, AI, Panda, Numpy to name a few.
- MSc / PhD in data science, machine learning, statistics or related fields.
- Ability to proactively prioritise workloads, working both independently and as part of a team.
- Industry experience in predictive modelling and analysis, predictive software modelling
- Experience with common programming languages and tools – Spark, Python, Panda, Numpy, Tensorflow.
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning background and capable of building machine learning algorithms from scratch.
- Experience in building Neural Networks
- Works with large, complex data sets to solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed.
- Ability to apply the latest machine learning approaches and the latest data science techniques to everyday business problems.
- Works as a unified team to produce online, real-time machine learning pipelines that create efficiencies and enhance the customer experience.
- Supports the development of API’s and event queues to integrate predictive models.
- Conducts end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Develops comprehensive understanding of organisational data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed to improve customer experience.
- Makes business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, and experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
- Digital Engineering – provides support to engineers in accessing predictions, actions and insights.
- Data Engineering – collaborates with members of the Data Engineering team to clarify data dependencies and coordinate releases.
- Wider Business – collaborates across the business to develop relationships with data partners to develop holistic customer view.
We’re on a mission to help people everywhere save time and money – whether that’s on essential outgoings or on the things that they enjoy.
If someone is looking for an insurance policy for the first time, wants to beat their renewal quote, is searching for the right financial product, or is after a great utility deal, our comparison website – GoCompare – is there to help. We work with trusted insurance providers, financial services organisations and partners to provide a real breadth of coverage across the market.
Through MyVoucherCodes we bring savings from thousands of fashion, retail, restaurant, entertainment, travel and tech brands to millions of people.
Energylinx, our Ofgem-accredited energy comparison and switching service, brings great energy deals from more suppliers than any other UK switching site to UK households and businesses.
And weflip, an automatic switching service that helps people save time and money by flipping them onto better energy tariffs, uses technology to bring a new, hands-off approach to staying on great deals, forever.
GoCompare embraces diversity and truly believe in equal opportunities for all. We believe that inclusion and diversity increases creativity, delivers innovation, improves performance and better serves our customers.
We truly believe in the ethos that companies with greater diversity perform better than those without. It is for these reasons that all qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of age, race, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, educational background or any other characteristic for that matter that doesn’t relate to your ability to perform the role.
GoCompare offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Birthday day off
- Death in service
- Matched pension (up to 6%)
- Private medical cover
- Buy and sell holiday options
- Extra holidays for length of service
- Share save scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity policies